Music At The Baldchemist

Thursday, May 17, 2007

American Idol voting public have lost the plot

What on earth is wrong with the American voting public where their taste is concerned?
Last year it was Elliot Yamin, one of the finest new interpreters of melody that lost out to karaoke king Taylor Hicks.
This year, for my money anyway, the finest voice of the past twenty years, well on a par with the best in the business, Melinda Doolittle loses out. No offence intended or implied but Jordin and Blake as talented as they are, are in no way in the same league.
Thankfully, Simon Cowell will ensure that Melinda gets the recognistion and fame that she deserves.
Melinda, no woman singer has moved me so much with passion, understanding and interpretation of a song and its lyrics. You seem to know what the composer had in mind and a bit more.
I look forward to seeing lots and lots of you over the years. You will still be around fifty years from now as a great.
The American public voted as they say, but the ones who know greatness probably did'nt.
I'm wondering what the demographic was that voted the largest portion of calls and votes.
Was it a teeny bopper conspiracy? If I'm half right here Blake will win! The Sanjaya voters now how have a new favourite Blake. This guy really is a talent and I wish him well.
Melinda you are The New Queen of Hearts. Go get 'em girl. I will lookout for you and my other great favourite Elliot Yamin.
Thank you both for the pleasure you give musically and with humility.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home